We would love help:
- Offering community and support to folks around reentry.
- Sending letters to our members.
- Identifying local reentry resources around the country.
- Raising funds for GED, adult education, and reentry workbooks, clothing vouchers for people on release, and other material resources for our peers behind bars.
If you would like to:
- Research resources which might be relevant to folks being released in your area.
- Organize a letter-writing party or fundraiser.
- Add individuals in your area to our newsletter.
- Connect with local facilities to start a book or other donation project.
- Provide limited support and guidance to folks reentering in your community (especially Florida, Texas, South Carolina, & Upstate New York — in that order).
We would absolutely love help with responding to letters to SWOP Behind Bars as SWOP Behind Bars, researching local resources, and helping to prepare resources and information to fulfill requests we receive.
Please use the form below with Volunteer Locally or National Volunteer in the subject line for more information and to get involved!